For creating a new Register select Menu > Constructors > Register templates. The Constructors submenu is available only with the Designer right.
The list of Registers looks like many other lists in the system. At the top there is a command panel with the Add, Edit, Delete buttons.
To Add a new Register, click the Add button. A submenu appears with two options: Add new and Open constructor.
Register constructor allows you to quickly create a Register with the structure recommended for most accounting tasks. To do this, click the Add button and select “Open constructor” in the submenu.
- Title – The name of the Register field.
- Name – will be generated automatically. If necessary, the Name can be adjusted manually. The maximum length of the Name is 20 characters, the Name must not contain spaces, special characters except the underscore “_” and must begin with a letter. The Name is entered with lowercase characters (lowercase characters). The Name is an important field – it is used to refer to the Register in expressions of Data sources. After creating the Register, the Name cannot be changed.
- Use companies – If the flag is set, then the column Company will be created.
- Use currencies – If the flag is set, then the columns Currency, Amount Main (name: amountmain) – the amount in the main currency. Amount additional(name: amountadditional)- the amount in additional currency. The flag should be set if you need to see the transaction amounts in different currencies.
- Quantity – Should be set if quantity accounting is required in the Register. If the flag is set, then the column Quantity will be created (name: quantity) of type Number with an accuracy of 3 decimal places.
- Amount – If the flag is set, the column Sum (name: amount) of the type Number will be created with an accuracy of 2 decimal places.
- Memo – If the flag is set, a Comment column will be created (name: memo) of type String with a maximum length of 300 characters. It should be set if textual explanations are to be added to Register entries.
There are two lists in the constructor. The right list is the available analytical sections (Catalogs available in the system). Left list – selected analytical sections. Moving items between lists is a simple click away.
Click Create button to Save new Register and start.
If you made a mistake when configuring the constructor, forgot to add some kind of analytics or added too much, etc. – It’s not a problem. Any settings can be changed when editing an already created Register. Read more about this in the article Edit a Structure of Register
Manual Register Creation
A Register can also be created without using a constructor. To do this, click the Add button and select “Add Register” in the submenu. This opens the form for creating a new Register. In this form, you must enter the title of the new journal, the name will be generated automatically (more about the name see above). If desired, you can enter a comment.
Click the Create button to create a new Register, the Register columns will need to be created manually. For more information about editing the magazine, see the article Edit a Structure of Register
In most cases, we recommend using the constructor to create the Register. Because using the constructor saves time and ensures the uniformity of the created Register (the names and column headers in the different Register will be the same).
Any settings available in the constructor can be repeated manually.